Friday, February 29, 2008

I've been tagged again...

♥♥♥ My Favorite Things ♥♥♥

Each player uses this list. The person who is tagged needs to post the list on their blog, answer the questions about their favorite things and post these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose one person to be "it" and list their name/blog. Don't forget to leave a comment on their blog telling them they are tagged and to read your blog.

Here goes:

Favorite food: PIZZA! I can eat it every day, any time of day, hot/cold~whatever! I am a huge fan of Sal's Pizza and they are popping up everywhere now. Great for me! Not great for my diet! They've also got the best chocolate cupcakes EVER!

Favorite dessert: I usually go for the cheesecake at any restaurant but anything chocolate will do and I'm a weakling for a canoli or any Italian pastry. At home, there's nothing better than freshly baked Ghirardelli brownies! If you're using Betty Crocker or one of those types, make the switch! You'll thank me!

Favorite vacation destination: We don't travel a heck of alot. I do love North Conway and being up there but my dream destination would be an African safari. I WILL get there someday.

Favorite song: Not a huge music fan. It's hard to pick a favorite b/c they represent different times and people in life and there have been so many. One that just gets me and stands out is 'She Talks to Angels' by the Black Crows. I am a rocker at heart.

Favorite outfit: I would agree w/ Mary and say black capri pants w/ any top, preferably a tank (I wish) and flipflops. Love the look, simple and clean and FLATTERING!

Favorite holiday: Without question Christmas for all the spirit and joy that it brings and I also LOVE Halloween!!! So much FUN!

Favorite season: I love winter but there's nothing better than getting back outside and seeing things turn green again in the spring. It's starting anew and I really look forward to that this year. It's been a tough fall & winter for me and my family.

Favorite book/author: I Know This Much Is True/Wally Lamb...unforgettable. I'll also read anything that's based on a true story. I'm actually embarrassed to be in my book section at Barnes&Noble. I go to the Crime section and look for biographies/autobiographies about serial killers and psychos. I have no idea why I'm so intrigued and it only make me fearful when I'm alone anywhere or not even alone for that matter. Although, I suppose by reading and watching those shows on TV, I'm more aware of how many psychos there are around us. It does make this world a crazy and scary place to live in.

Favorite movie: Goodwill Hunting. I love it from start to finish. I love the story, I love who it represents, I love who wrote it and their story, etc. I also like Ben Stiller comedies but NO action films. I like dramas and even moreso, documentaries. I just love a movie that I can take something away from or relate to. More favs are Ever After, Riding In Car With Boys (LOVE Drew Barrymore!), The Color Purple, the Brat Pack thang, Grease, all that stuff.

Favorite magazine: People

Favorite sport: baseball if any

Favorite cocktail/drink: Head Hunter...wow! I'm fun after a few of those!

Favorite TV show: American Idol hands down but I love all reality TV. I watch a few sitcoms, The Office has to be one of the best ever!

Favorite gift you ever received: My engagement ring. Jay and I met at the Choatbridge Pub here in Ipswich when I was 20...we dated, moved in together, blah, blah, blah. A few years later we looked at rings and I picked one but never knew he was making payments on it. I never expected it so soon. Well, we went to the Pub one night and lo and behold, he proposed to me. He tried to get the same spot where we met, but it was taken. We sat next to the popcorn machine and he had planted the ring in the drawer. It came out of nowhere and I was utterly shocked and so happy. He told a few people what he was up to that night and they made sure to be there w/ champagne and their cameras. It was a great night and to me, very romantic. Right after, I called my parents and my dad picked up the phone and I told him the good news. He said his congrats and that I sounded like I was in a bar and I said, well I am, this is where we met. Not the proudest moment, but still a HAPPY one. ;)

Favorite gift you ever gave: Cassidy got a puppy for her ninth birthday. It was a great gift and so much fun. Emmet was 2lbs. and the size of my foot, maybe smaller! Dream dog! God, that dog was SO much more loved before the little ones were born. Poor Emmet.

Favorite way to spend a Saturday afternoon: Out shopping somewhere, not foodshopping though (dread that!). I like to think of things I need and GO GET 'EM!!! Sometimes I come home w/ toiletries, sometimes I come home w/ a delivery truck behind me. I like to keep Jay excited! haha

Favorite date night: Night at the Pub w/ Jay. Great memories, great friends. We always leave there (buzzed) loving life and loving the life we've made.

Favorite animal: Our dog Emmet! We owe you Emmet! You're a good boy!

Favorite blog site: Hungry For Life site. The support is just amazing! LOVE YOU DENNIS!


I am now tagging Jeannie from the Maxwell Family Blog.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

awww...your engagement story is so cute! I would have never guessed you wanted to go on an african safari, it sounds like fun but scary.

THE MARIQUE FAMILY said...

Awesome!! I hear you about the music. I also find songs represent a certain time in your life. This game is really neat cuz we get to learn alot about one another!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool, I don't know if I really knew the engagement story. Or maybe it was that long ago I forgot.
Great post!
Mary