Sunday, March 2, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARAGH!!!

3 years ago...

I LOVE this picture b/c I totally captured a moment.
Caragh was due on February 21st and I ended up being induced on March 2nd. It was pretty frustrating, I was ready to go! Labor was painless and easy (DRUGS, of course!) but I found that recovery w/ her was the most difficult of the three. I was hurting! I had some issues directly after the birth and it was pretty scary for me, I had lots of pain and LOTS of anxiety. I think I was so anxious and scared about ME that I didn't really get a chance to give her my all right away like I did w/ the other two. Of course, I LOVED her the minute I saw her, even before that but it was a tough recovery.
Anyway, the day of discharge, I was hobbling to the bathroom, nervous, scared, weak, in terrible pain, thinking about ME and feeling sorry for myself when I looked over at my new baby girl, thinking she was fast asleep. Well, there she was~staring right at me and she looked so aware and so smart and her eyes just got me. I melted. There was just something about that look she gave me. It didn't quite dull the pain, but we just connected so deeply from that moment on.
I love you so much baby doll! (love all my babies!)
We all love you Caragh Bear!
Happy Birthday! ♥♥♥♥♥

4 comments:

Lisa said...

ohhh what a nice story...Happy birthday Caragh!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I got all teared up! That kid is beautiful and she hasn't changed much since that picture! Usually you can hardly recognized someone's baby pics.
Love you Caragh!
Auntie Mary
Happy Birthday!

THE MARIQUE FAMILY said...

That is a really nice story. What a beautiful baby. Happy birthday Caragh!!
kim
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Her eyes haven't changed one bit! Wow...very cool pic.

HAPPY BDAY CARAGH. On to the Terrible Three's!!!
ha ha ha

Auntie Katie