Monday, March 3, 2008

Our trip to Portland...

We had a great time, John Edward's show was great! We didn't get a reading but I thought it was a long shot anyway, so there was little disappointment. The readings that we did hear were great and I must admit, very believable. I feel the same as I did before the show though, unsure if he's for real and yes, it would have been great to hear from Dennis but I really don't need anyone to validate his love for me and for the rest of us who miss him. That I know.
All us girls met up at Margarita's(ville~haha!), had some drinks and some laughs and then we were off to the show. Katie & I spent the night in Portland, in a very nice hotel and I wish I could say it was a short getaway for us...but the kids came along (Cass was the babysitter). Last minute bad move. We thought it made more sense to have them right there w/ us but NO, it didn't. It just made everything harder and crazier. It was a frazzled night but in the end, worked out fine and we learned a valuable lesson never to mess w/ the plans and make last minute rash decisions. We all would have been happier.
Overall, great time guys! I still love and respect John Edward and I'm very honored to have seen him in person. He's a very charming, funny guy. Next time though, on a plane to L.A. to see Lisa Williams...better start saving our $$$. ;)

Around the table: Katie, me, Mary, Jackie, Amy, Amy's mom, Erin, Dawn & Jeannie

GREAT TIME LADIES!!!

5 comments:

Mary S. said...

It was such a fun night!We should do a dinner night out again soon! That would have been plenty for me if just stayed there for hours.I also didn't want to drink too much before John Edward. As we all know I am not good at controlling myself after a few drinks.haha!
I loved every minute of John Edward and you worded it perfectly, I still respect him after seeing him in person. I was afraid the show would have seemed very edited and it didn't. I think his live show was the same as seeing his show on tv.
Great night girls!Let's do it again soon! Can't wait, our weekend away is coming up very soon!

Kelli said...

I think everyone looks great in this pic but was definately afraid to post it knowing all of my sisters and also how I am when I show up on other ppl's blogs, usually not digging my pic. Anyway, my point is that I loved this pic of Jeannie soooo much that I took my chances. I do think everyone looks great though! But, doesn't she just look da bomb?!?!
Go Jeannie!
Go Jeannie!

Hope I didn't embarrass you!

Mary S. said...

I thought that too! I think she has been practicing her poses, I need some lessons!
I actually don't mind this picture, usually i dread to see pics of myself posted. What a fun night!

Kris said...

What a great picture of you all. I'm glad you had fun.

Katie said...

I was showing Rex this pic and he was naming all his aunties and when he got to erin he said Nana.

LOL PMP
ha ha ha