Monday, March 17, 2008

26 Questions...

Here it is...the latest installment of Blog Tag.
26 is a random number and these are definitely some random questions, so here goes. C'mon...you know you love it.

1. What was your first car? I can't even remember the answer to that!? I know it was Mary's car and was given to me b/c she left for Germany...hmmm, I have the worst memory. It's actually scary to not remember things that most ppl remember for life! I loved it and loved the freedom. I don't think it lasted too long though.

2. Do you have any nicknames? Kags, my brothers have been calling me that since childhood, only them though. Jay calls me Kel. I've also been called Jelly Belly, Jelly Buns, Jelly, etc.

3. Have you ever been scuba diving? I went snorkling in Aruba and I had minor panick attacks between the breathing through that mouth piece and the fear of seeing something really big down there...I resorted to just putting the mask on and going under for about 30 seconds at a time. Jay was my lookout for sharks...yeah, who was I kidding?!?! He would have loved the exposure! "Honeymoon Gone Bad...When Animals Attack IV".
Anyway no, I would NEVER scuba dive! Not a chance!

4. What's your least favorite color? teal blue, just hate it.

5. Would you ever go skydiving? probably, but would most likely have to be pushed out of the plane, while on all 4's. I know my legs would give out walking over to the open door.

6. What toothpaste do you use? AquaFresh Extreme Clean, I'm very into suds & lather and wowie is all I have to say!

7. What's the last movie you saw? couldn't even tell you...I could list a # of movies that I've been meaning to see for years now though! Just never find myself in the mood to waste tow hours on pure fantasy, I'm such a realist.

8. What do you want to know about the future? If there's an afterlife

9. Do you need to do laundry? not really, usually keep up w/ it pretty well

10. Do you listen to the radio? not really, maybe when I clean the house. I like silence in the car, maybe talk radio. Sadly, music is just more noise sometimes.

11. Where were you when 9/11 happened? I was working at a middle school and we got word of it and were able to watch bits and pieces on TV throughout the school day, avoiding letting the kids know what was truly going on. I went home that day and really saw what was happening and was numb for weeks, cried every day for months. That was the first tragedy of my life and I'm still not quite over it. I think life moved on too quickly for me afterwards, I could have used some serious downtime after that. I still could never watch a movie/show about it b/c it brings it all back. I also have trouble going to large public places/events where there will be lots of people. I was seriously traumatized by 9/11 and most of all heartbroken.

12. What color are your bed sheets? boring beige, one of my favorite colors...haha

13. What's your ringtone? Come on Katie, it's not that bad!!! It's the sound of a cruise ship horn w/ seagulls and the like. I enjoy it but she has made me very self-concious about it. I answer very quickly in public places and yes, I have noticed others looking around like, what the h***!

14. Do you have any obsessions right now? yeah, my weight...it ain't doin' me crap!

15. Do you watch cartoons? nah...realist, remember?

16. Do you like sushi? no, raw fish...hurl

17. If your significant other was a superhero, what would his/her name be? haha...Jay would be Mr. Routine, Hiiiiiii-Ohhhhh...the Man Who Keeps It Steady. Yup from the time his eyes open at 5 am, Jay is ready for his very standard day. Since he sleeps in just his Fruit of the Looms, he's got his loungewear neatly folded on the nightstand by his side of the bed. He's also got the slippers right by the bed so he can just sit up, turn to the right, swing his ol' legs around, get himself dressed in a flash. He then enjoys his coffee (which is set the night before) while reading the morning paper. By this time my cutie is ready for his daily you know what like clock-work(I assume nude so he can then jump straight into the shower)~no need to waste precious time. He tidies up the kitchen and is pretty much off to work, returning home for the same standard lunch Monday through Friday: ham & cheese w/ extra mayo & mustard, salt & vinegar chips on the side. When the workday is done, Jay returns home, off come the work clothes and he's back into his loungwear. He finishes reading the paper, while two small children do anything to get his attention and eventually do. He'll hang w/ them, eat what's for dinner (could be a boiled boot and he wouldn't complain), watch TV for the rest of the night...until bedtime @ 9pm.
Then, my hubbie's standard day starts all over again tomorrow. Of course, there are a few minor changes every now and then w/ basketball a couple nights a week, but all in all this is the life of Jay. Anything out of this routine needs to be run by him about 3 days in advance or at least 9 hours. Jay lives a very simple life, which isn't to say that he's simple-minded, he's just a simple man who married a not so simple (but sort of) wife.

18. Do you enjoy sleeping late? I can sleep no later than 10 am and do whenever I get the chance, a couple times per month.

19. Who tells the best jokes? My Jay would think so, but he tells the same joke over and over to everyone we see and it irks me...they're usually dumb jokes to boot. I'm not a joke type of person. I love pranks though! OMG, do I!!!

20. Do you believe in karma? I hate the word karma b/c it's just so like karma, man but yes I do believe you get back what you give.

21. Do you like your eggs scrambled or sunny side up? scrambled I guess.

22. Do you collect anything? If so, what? not really

23. Name a song you can dance to. We Are Family...gets me up there every time!

24. Favorite concert you attended? I'd have to say Poison when I was a freshman. I think it was my first (again, bad memory!). I was just in awe!

25. What's your favorite invention? Cotton Gin, Eli Whitney??? j/k one of the few inventors I do remember from school. I think I'll say Simon Cowell for American Idol!!!

26. What do you like better: oranges or apples? I'll say oranges but neither of them really appeal to me. I love watermelon, bananas & grapes.


There you have it, Kelli 101. Do you still like me???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was REALLY good.
my favorite part was all fours on the plane and then the superhero question.
Jay is so funny, that was so funny, especially the part where he has his stuff folded and ready to go. Gotta love a dependable guy.
Katie

Mary S. said...

Your first car was a Mitsubishi Tredia,my second car.Damn I loved that car!
The Jay story, soooo funny! Maybe that is why he dresses as a superhero every Hallowen. He needs to bust out of his routine.
I didn't know how traumatized you were by 9-11! It was a really scary time.
And Simon Cowell is not an inventor, he is a producer! You freak!
Love these!Awesome post!