Tuesday, September 16, 2008

End of summer fun...

We headed to Orland, Maine for Labor Day weekend. This may have been the best family trip we've ever been on! There were so many laughs, so many great people, memories that will last us a lifetime!
My sister Katie's in-laws were the best hosts and Derek's grandparents camp may be the cooloest place on earth. I tell ya, looking at these pics makes me want to be there and we hope to get back!

Our cottage on Toddy Pond. We didn't quite know what we were getting into. We figured we'd be roughing it a bit and I had the attitude that I'd just assume we were going camping...thankfully I was well-prepared! The cottage was very outdated, very smelly and very small BUT I'd stay there again now that I know that because of those things, this trip was that much more fun!

view of Toddy Pond
*************************************
Now we're at Gram & Gramp's camp, where we spent most of our time. This place was a piece of heaven. I could only dream of having what the Betts family has in this place. There are so many years worth of memories, great people having fun, GOOD food...just the best of everything! I'll never forget it!
Thanks to Derek's Gram & Gramps...what great leaders of such a wonderful family! Thank you for being so kind and letting us spend our weekend w/ you and the family! xoxo

Alyx, Cass & Lizzy spent their time around the fire, playing cards and boating. These girls had such a blast!
Gramps & Derek

Dylan, Rex & Reilly...they don't make 'em much cooler than Dylan!!! ;)

...and it was time to say goodbye. What an awesome weekend we all had thanks to Katie, Derek & the Betts family! ♥

************************************
Caragh's 1st day of pre-school!

Reilly's 1st day of Kindergarten...thrilled to be going, not thrilled about my picture taking.

Wish I had a pic of Cass but she flat out refused. She looked beautiful though and was off to 10th grade!
**************************************
Caragh's 1st day of ballet
The girls off to a Princess Party...some princesses, huh!?!?!


and w/ that, summer has come to an end and here we go Fall!

8 comments:

Mary S. said...

Great pics!
That's how my princesses act too!haha!
Uncle D's family camp looks like a great time. I'm curious about the food, any good recipes we need to try?

Katie said...

wow where do i begin,
perhaps u should have done about 7 posts instead of 1.
you got some crazy good pics of Maine. why not some interior ones of our rustic cabins?
especially love the shot of caragh and reilly in the hammock.

speaking of caragh, she looked adorable in her ballet unitard and so big with her backpack on for school. way to go!!!

did u send any pics to gram yet? she would love to see these!!!!

AWESOME ones of Toddy Pond!!!

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys already! It was so awesome to have you all get a taste of MAINE LIFE!! HAHA or should I say BETTS LIFE!

Such big girls you have! Not very good princesses though. They must get that from your side of the family. HAHA!

So... When are you coming back anyways?!?

Kris said...

looks like you had a blast up in Maine! The kids are getting so big. Good luck on the new School year.

Kris

Kate said...

omg! I almost cried when I saw the pics of the girls' first days of school! They look beautiful and so grown-up!! Miss you guys so much!!

Jenn said...

Caragh's outfit couldn't be any cuter!

Annette said...

Kelli & Jay - It was great to meet you and the girls. You are fun people! It defintely was a memorable visit for us as well.
Hope you've been watching your potty mouths :)

Lisa said...

I can't believe how much caragh looks like katie in the 1st day of school pic!!! I am dreading Tayla leaving me and going to school!