Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Just for you Katie...

I got an earfull about how I am the worst blogger b/c I just post pictures of the kids and tell everyone nothing about what we're up to. Well, here's a lil' something...
Caragh having the flu and sleeping for about a week straight has paid off in the height department. As you know, she's my little midget. Well, in just a couple weeks time she has moved up into 3T pants and shirts. She even acts a little older and has many more of her own thoughts and ideas. She's actually much more pleasant than she was about 6 months ago. She still has her nasty side but she's pretty sweet overall.
Reilly is back to school after missing many days due to our bout w/ the flu. She loves school but does not like lesson time...yup, we are in trouble. Lesson time is boring is what she tells us. She's always been such a bright kid, I assumed school would be a breeze. I never expected her to be more into the social aspect of it, although she is a Coughlin. I'm a little worried and so is she b/c she knows that in Kindergarten most of the day is lesson time. She's not too thrilled about that idea. Aside from school, she has become an absolute angel at home for the most part. She knows what to do and what not to do and unless she's really tired and nasty, she's a very nice little girl and FUNNY!
Cassidy is doing what teenagers do...wakes up way too early to get dolled up for school, comes home and heads straight for the kitchen and then to the computer and then to her room for the night pretty much. She'll come out every now and then (texting all the while) and talk to us if we're lucky, get annoyed by her little sisters and head back to her cave to stay up way too late. She's still a great kid and let's hope the teenage years stay as simple as this. Maybe she'll talk to us family members a little more too. She's got a semi-formal dance this Saturday night and she's very excited about that. I'll make sure to post some pics.
So, that's the kids in a nutshell and Jay and I are just doing what parents do...working, home improvements, trying to have a conversation w/out little ones interrupting, trying to get a night out, etc. Same old stuff around the Coughlin household.

So, there you go Katie. Hope that was some good reading. I'm not much of a writer, hence just the picture posts.

I'll leave you w/ a pic of Caragh & her Daddy coloring. She is growing up so fast, 3 years old in a few weeks!


4 comments:

Katie said...

HA HA HA
I came on to write a nasty little note about how our talk didn't amount to much, expecting NOTHING but pics of the kids (don't get me wrong, I love them but there is usually NO info. about how they're growing or what crazy things Reilly is saying). Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised.
Caragh is no longer a midget. You learn something new every day.
I think all the readers out there will be thrilled to hear what's going on in the Coughlin home.
And I LOVE that pic of Jay, being such a sweet Daddy. Way to go!
LOVE IT.

You should listen to me more often.

Anonymous said...

Haha! Glad you likey.
Listen to you...NEVER! ;)

I'll try to be a little more in depth about what we're doing. Sorry, we live a pretty simple, DULL life but if you want to hear all the details about it, FINE!

KJC

Mary S. said...

Wow, you certainly have made up for last blogging!
Very cute Jay!

Anonymous said...

Lol, Reilly is a little Jay. He only went to school for the social aspect. Lessons what were those??? Good to hear Caragh is sweeter and Cass is a typical teenager.

Aunty Mary F